- The last blog post of the year
As I sit and reflect on the year, I’m pleased to say it has been full and productive. We are very proud of our stellar research department. In just the last few months we have produced six major research reports:
- Homelessness in Greater Victoria: 2014/15 Report on Housing and Supports
- Turning Local Waste to Local Jobs: Exploring Labour Market Potential in the Capital Region’s Waste & Recycling Sector
- Building an Effective Labour Market Development System for Greater Victoria
- Capital Region Housing Data Book & Gap Analysis
- Youth Pathways In and Out of Homelessness in the Capital Region
- and of course our annual calculation of the Living Wage for Greater Victoria
Each report reflects the vital importance of having an active, and engaged, Social Planning Council in a city or community. We count ourselves amongst the dozens of social planning councils across Canada and we take pride in the fact that our Council is also a registered Canadian charity.
If the issues of the above reports, or any of our priority areas of work, strikes a chord in your heart, we hope you will consider an annual or monthly gift. Even five or ten dollars a month is a welcome and wonderful contribution. This work is vital and we need YOUR financial support to continue our work providing social planning, research and community engagement in our community.
Warm wishes to you and your family for the holiday season,
P.S. Watch for our New Year’s eBlast in January and find out what we have on the slate for 2016. Subscribe now if you haven’t already.