- Mark Your Calendar - AGM set for September 24th
AGM season is upon us and we bring you an action packed day on September 24th to advance and celebrate new horizons for community investing.
The Council's AGM will feature Rankin MacSween, the creator of Canada's first Community Investment Fund to regenerate Cape Breton communitits, 'New Dawn'. Immediately before the AGM our new sister organization, the Vancouver Island Investment Cooperative (VICIC) will hold its inaugural AGM to take the first step in creating our own locally owned Community Investment Fund.
It's been a momentous year for the Community Social Planning Council. This year we:
- Launched our Annual Giving Program
- Held our First Annual Savouring Social ChangeFundraiser
- Produced a policy brief on policy changes to help enable the development of community investment funds
- Produced a How-to guide for organizations wishing to develop community funds
- Incorporated the Vancouver Island Community Investment Co-operative (VICIC), a separate entity that will manage the Community Investment Fund.
Coming up this fall we have:
- From Charity to Social Justice: Addressing Child and Family Poverty forum, October 2 & 3rd with keynote by John Gerchner, Deputy Representative for Children and Youth
- Workshop Series for social agency workers on Financial Empowerment
- Launch of Community Investment Fund through the VICIC
2014 Annual General Meeting of the
COMMUNITY SOCIAL PLANNING COUNCIL
September 24, 2014
11:30am to 1:30pm
Burnside Gorge Community Centre - Activity Room
Our Keynote Speaker is
Rankin MacSween, President of New Dawn Enterprises
This event is free for current members
If you paid your membership at or around last year's AGM,
your membership renewal is due now.
Please renew your membership before the AGM. Membership rates are $35 for individuals, $75 for organizations and $3 for individuals with low-income.
For those interested in participating in the Vancouver Island Community Investment Co-operative, the inaugural AGM of the Co-operative will be held immediately prior to the Council AGM. Attendance at the VICIC meeting and presentations are open to the public. However, only those who become members 30 days before the AGM of the co-op have voting rights at that meeting. Click here for more information on membership in the Co-operative.