Learn about money and personal finance for the family or individual living on a low to moderate income.
Innovation in Seniors Housing
Sooke’s best kept secret: A senior cohousing community with 31 units sets a Canadian standard Sooke’s Harbourside Cohousing is going full steam ahead. The Council is working with the Canadian Seniors Cohousing Society on a new “How to Guide” on innovations in seniors housing. The project is funded by the Real Estate Foundation of BC and the CSPC to research innovative models of housing and community living in Canada and elsewhere and apply best practices to different forms of seniors housing that enable people to age healthily in community.http://sooke.pocketnews.ca/sookes-harbourside-cohousing-is-going-full-steam-ahead/
- February eBlast
February 5, 2015
- 2015: A CRITICAL YEAR FOR OUR REGION
- MAKING SENSE OF TALKING CENTS
- FROM CHARITY TO SOCIAL JUSTICE
- ESQUIMALT RESILIENT STREETS KICK-OFF
- BUILDING A FINANCIAL WELL-BEING CURRICULUM - A HOW-TO COURSE
- INITIATIVE SPOTLIGHT: BC TRANSIT TICKET ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- SUPPORT SOCIAL INNOVATION - SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Making Sense of Talking Sense
- Learning About the Living Wage in Greater Victoria
Have you ever wondered how the Living Wage rate is determined in Greater Victoria? Are you curious about how Living Wage policies can have an impact on child and family poverty? As an employer, would you like to know more about what it means to be a Living Wage Employer?