Living wage rises again in 2015; federal policies leave families struggling to cover basics
February 5, 2015
- 2015: A CRITICAL YEAR FOR OUR REGION
- MAKING SENSE OF TALKING CENTS
- FROM CHARITY TO SOCIAL JUSTICE
- ESQUIMALT RESILIENT STREETS KICK-OFF
- BUILDING A FINANCIAL WELL-BEING CURRICULUM - A HOW-TO COURSE
- INITIATIVE SPOTLIGHT: BC TRANSIT TICKET ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- SUPPORT SOCIAL INNOVATION - SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY COUNCIL
November 2-8, 2014 is Living Wage Week in Canada and the UK - the livinig wage is a global movement. Thirty cities in four provinces have engaged in local discussions on how to create living wage communities.
In Canada today, more than 1.8 million employed people don’t earn enough at their jobs to pull themselves and their families above the poverty line: they are working and poor. Paying employees a living wage can change that for millions of Canadians and employers in about 30 cities are set to do just that.
- Just Released: Pathways to Success for Youth in BC’s Capital Region: The Power and Potential of Social Enterprise
BC Centre for Employment Excellence has recently released the report: ‘Pathways to Success for Youth in BC’s Capital Region: The Power and P